24 August 2009
10 Reasons Counselors, Coaches & NDs Need Good Web Presence
Marketing online is perfect for introverts and those solopreneurs who suffer insecurity, low confidence, shoestring budgets, and greater than normal risk aversion when it comes to self and/or business promotion. But more than this, web marketing is a business success necessity in the 21st century.
You may be surprised at these facts:
1. More than 90% of households with computers in the US use the internet to find health care providers
2. The top search in Google is for health and medical related services, products, and information
3. More than 75% of the 78 million Boomer generation research for their needs and buy online
4. 73% of people aged 45+ say that shopping online is a favorite activity
5. Traditional advertising is declining in credibility and increasingly ignored among internet users -- consumers want to be in control of when and how they learn about something they are in the market to spend money on
6. Word of mouth marketing can be more quickly successful in the era of social media than old school referral systems
7. Social networking increased a whopping 774 % from 2006 to 2007 -- yup, that's seven hundred seventy four percent
8. People who buy from email links spend 138% more than those who don't
9. In 2006, e-books (which are gaining favor among internet users) generated $20 million in sales
10. Web marketing is cheap, flexible, easily correctable, low risk, with potentially high return on investment
In short, marketing is no longer about persuading the unknown masses to have interest in your product or service, convincing them that they need it, and relentlessly pushing them to buy it right now.
It's about being where your specific clients are already looking for what they already want, and becoming a familiar and trusted entity to them by providing enough immediate help to engage their natural desire to want even more and be willing to pay you for it.