28 September 2009
Are You Time Rich and Cash Stingy? Perfect!
For some reason -- whether it's because of hefty student loan repayments, poverty consciousness, self-sabotaging distaste for marketing, fear of doing the wrong thing and wasting money, etc -- counselors are notoriously risk averse when it comes to investing in their business.
I've noticed that many life coaches and some NDs are similarly reluctant to spend money to make money.
So here's the good news: it's possible to spend very little to get maximum impact. Here are my top 5 recommendations:
1. Get a do-it-yourself website -- it's THE best time and money saving strategy you can take.
Costs: from about $8-$16 annually for your own domain name, and from about $5-$30 per month for hosting
(online website builder programs are usually free with a hosting package)
2. Start a blog -- it's THE best fresh connection to your client niche you can continually & easily produce.
Costs: Nothing if using sites like Blogger or WordPress
3. Host tele-groups / workshops --it's so much easier than you think to reach many people at once.
Costs: Nothing if you have an unlimited long distance phone plan.
4. Do signature talks -- it's THE better, more comfortable way to do personal networking.
Costs: ranges from nothing if you are invited into a group or find a free location, up to $300+ to pay for a room.
5. Build your mailing list with free give-aways -- it's THE best way to get email addresses.
Costs: Nothing but your time.
Something here sound do-able to you? Not sure where to start? Check out the tips on my website.